Romeo and Juliet Quotes
Romeo and Juliet tells a tragic story of star-crossed lovers. The tale can be remembered through some of Shakespeare's most memorable lines.
- "O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art though Romeo?" (Act 11, Scene 11)
- "I must be gone and live, or stay and die." (Act 111, Scene V)
- "Thus with a kiss I die." (Act V, Scene 111)
- "What must be shall be." (Act IV, Scene 1)
- "Though shalt not stir one foot to seek a foe." (Act 1, Scene 1)
- "The world is not thy friend, nor the world's law." (Act V, Scene 1).
- "Ready to go, but never to return." (Act IV, Scene V).
- "If love be rough with you, be rough with love." (Act 1, Scene IV)
- "It were a grief so brief to part with thee. Farewell." (Act 111, Scene 111).
- "For never was a story of more woe than this of Juliet and her Romeo." (Act V, Scene 111).
In just ten lines, readers gain insight into the tragedy that is Romeo and Juliet. The rollercoaster of events one experiences while engaging with this script includes love, suspense, and death. These quotes encapsulate these moments, showcasing the essence of this tale.
i am a writer