How to Order Back Issues of "Rolling Stone" Magazine
"Rolling Stone" magazine has been providing insights to its readers on music, movies, pop culture and politics for over forty years. The magazine is published 26 times a year, which means that on occasion, an issue that may be of particular interest could disappear from the newsstand before you have the chance to buy it and be replaced with a more current issue. Fortunately, Rolling Stone provides the ability for readers to order back issues on its website, making it easy to locate that special issue featuring your favorite performer, author or other pop culture subject.
Go to "Rolling Stone" magazine's website, http://www.rollingstone.com/. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link for "Back Issues," which is listed under the heading of "Subscribe."
Search for a particular recent back issue by year by clicking the links under the search box. You can also search for a specific issue by its date of publication, the issue number or the cover subject. Use the search box to enter one of these criteria.
Review the cover of the magazine to ensure it is the issue you're looking for. Select "Click to Order" and then add the issue to your shopping cart. Review these steps for each back issue you'd like to purchase.
Click on the "Shopping Cart" in the upper right hand corner of the web page after you have made all of your choices. Select "Checkout" to begin the payment process. Enter your billing address as required. If the item is being shipped to a different address, select the link "Enter as a Gift" and enter the shipping address.
Click "Next" and enter your credit card information on the next page. Review your order and then click the "Order Now" button if everything looks complete.
Some back issues may be sold out on "Rolling Stone's" website but could be available through third party sources. Check auction sites such as eBay for specific back issues as well as websites such as backissues.com. This website in particular has many older issues, even from past decades.
- Some back issues can be expensive, depending on demand for that particular issue.
- Be sure to review all shipping costs. On Rolling Stone's website, shipping costs are usually included in the price of the back issue.
- If you have not received your back issues or you only receive a partial order, review the "Frequently Asked Questions" first for answers to questions. If you still have concerns, contact "Rolling Stone" fulfillment using the email address from your confirmation email.
- If you order from a third party site such as backissues.com and have several issues to purchase, order them all at once to save on shipping costs.
- magazine image by Angelika Bentin from Fotolia.com